As my friend says, "Life is a worthwhile struggle". All of us experience the joys and pains of life. It is normal to struggle with how to live in and through these ups and downs. It is also hard to keep a positive attitude and balanced view through it all.
What are some of the pains of life? Physical injury, death and loss, job loss, abuse (verbal, emotional, physical, sexual), overwhelming fear, and traumatic events. Stress and pain are also aspects of positive events of life, like a desired move, a new baby, a new relationship, a new job, and retirement.
As we navigate these challenges and changes, there are many different ways that it affects us. Some of these include:
- Pain (physical & emotional)
- Depressed mood
- Anxiety and panic
- Suffering relationships
- Decreased performance (work, school, physical, sexual)
- Disturbing dreams
- Using drugs, alcohol, gambling or other things to numb our pain
By visiting this website, I assume you are looking for resources to change and feel better about yourself and your life. You may desire:
- Healthier ways to cope
- Better communication skills
- Ways to resolve conflicts
- A better understanding of yourself: why you do what you do and feel the way you do
- Healing of the hurts you can't get over
- Making peace with yourself
- A healthier perspective
- A sense of balance
- More fulfilling relationships
- Improved performance
You can achieve these things. I never promise it will be easy. It will take effort, openness, and vulnerability.
Finding someone you can trust that listens to your concerns, is a start. I work hard to listen in order to understand you and your situation. I am versed in various counseling knowledge, skill and techniques to help you find comfort, peace, contentment, happiness and other positive experiences of life.